Monday, November 8, 2010

Compression Socks

When I was injured this summer, my physical therapist suggested I obtain a pair of compression shorts or tights.  I did and I love the way they feel to run in.  I have a pair that is specifically designed for those with IT Band problems.  So yes, I do feel they are worth the money.  However, I know that most runners are much more accepting of spending over $50 on a pair of tights than they are speaking $60 on a pair of socks.

When I bought my tights, I also bought my CEP compression socks.  I was waiting until the temperature dropped low enough to wear them under pants.  However, yesterday, my curiosity got the better of me.  So I wore them with a pair of capris.

As you can see, they made quite the fashion statement.  I know I got some smiles while on the trial, but I especially got some looks when I visited Target after my run.
Regardless, I want to tell you, they are awesome.

My feet go numb a lot...I lose feeling in my pinky toes first and have no hope of regaining it throughout my run.  With these socks, not only were my feet NOT numb, they were warm and although this is a tough word to quantify...they felt "peppy".  So, the verdict is YES, there are socks out there worth $60.

No comments:

Post a Comment