Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Game

Okay anyone who knows me knows that I love shoes.  While I don't feel like I have a lot, I get teased by friends and family about all of my footwear.  In particular, the quantity of my flip flops.  I do love them.  They are cute, easy and comfy.

When I heard about Sanuks and their motto that they "are not shoes" they are actually sandals in disguise, I was very curious.  Sanuk sent me a pair of their women's shoes, the "I'm Game" model.
(http://www.sanuk.com/im-game)

First of all when they arrived, they did so in a biodegradable bag.  Who doesn't love that environmentalism?  Instead of having to recycle a bulky shoe box this bag can be used to dispose of kitchen waste and then just thrown into the trash.  I use a juicer and I'm going to use it to line the waste tank.

The shows also come on this cool hanger.  It allows you to hang the shoes in your closet!  How cool is that?  I actually hung the shoes on my coat rack by the door until I was ready to wear them.

Okay, now on to the shoes.  I will admit I was skeptical that they would be comfy all day and they would provide me with the support I need as I'm recovering from a hip injury.  Well I left the house feeling like I was floating on little pillows of air.  I spent the rest of the day not thinking about my shoes.  For me, that's big.  I am notoriously uncomfortable after wearing a pair of shoes for a while.  I wore the shoes with jeans and with socks.  I'm pretty sure you could go sock less in these and still be comfy.  I would also wear these with shorts in the summer.

I love the comfort level that these offer!  They are cute and comfy, which is a rarity in shoes these days.  They also offer the ability to "throw them on and go", something I think is so important for busy people, including moms on the go.

Of course, they sell men's and kid's versions too.  They also sell sandals.
Check out their website for their seemingly endless and ever changing selection:
http://www.sanuk.com/im-game

And, are you ready for the best part?  The sidewalk surfers, which the I'm Game is a part of, are mostly around $50!  So you get a great shoe, that's comfy, for a great price.  I dare you to try and beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment