Friday, December 24, 2010

Reflections

Christmas Eve is always a time of reflection for me.  This year has brought a lot of changes, good and bad in my life.  However, it has been a monumental year for me.  I have learned more and grown more than I feel I ever have before.  As the year progressed I felt like I was able to shed layers of myself.  I was able to "find my muchness".  It took a lot of pain and anguish for this to happen.

I have leaned to become more present.  I feel as if so many times we go through life in a haze.  We are so busy that we can't think straight.  We are busy preoccupied that we forget to tell those around us we love them.  How many times do you look back and you can't quickly remember what you had for lunch yesterday because you were in such a rush eating it?

I know that our jobs and lives are busier than ever, however, I also know that this makes our relationships that much more important.  At this time of year, it is even more important to take a step back and enjoy some time with your friends and family.


This Christmas Eve think back on your year and look into your heart.  Remember who brings you joy, remember what's important to you.  Reach out and tell someone you love them.  Reach out and say you are sorry for something that occurred this year.  Reach out and tell the person next to you how much they mean to you.  I have changed my whole perspective this year.  Through injury, relationships ending and a new career path starting, there have been a lot of tears and laughs...and every one of them has taught me something.  I'm ready for 2011 and all is will bring with it.

However, before then, I have some serious Christmas celebrating to do!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment