Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sale Gear

I will admit, I love my running clothes.  I'd live in them all the time if it were acceptable.  So I love finding a great deal on running clothes.  They are usually so pricey and finding a sale can be tough.  I recently had to get rid of some tanks, layering pieces and sports bras because they were just "too loved".  So while I believe that technical gear is worth every penny, I do also believe that you can grab some great deals if you pay attention to when and where to shop.

My first tip is to sign up for some online mailing lists.  Often stores will send you discount codes or free shipping codes.  Pick carefully as you don't want to fill up your in box!  I receive email updates from Dick's Sporting goods so I know when my favorite brands are on sale.

Shop at stores that ship for free.  Some even have free returns as well.  Some of my favorites are Zappos.com and RunningWarehouse.com

Visit outlet stores.  Lots of athletic brands have their own outlet stores now...just to name a few, Under Armour, Nike and North Face.  Take a peek at the clearance rack at these stores.  (On my most recent trip to a Nike store I visited the clearance rack and found this gem for $6.) Before you visit an outlet store make sure you know what you are looking for and make sure you know how much it costs.  Some outlets have items made specifically for them and these options are not much cheaper than the retail versions.

Shop at the end of the season for the best deals.  At the end of winter, the winter running clothes will be on sale, likewise spring/summer clothes.  Often some colors or sizes will be on sale while others are not. Browse so you can get the best deals.

If there is an item in your running wardrobe that you love, but its expensive, Google it.  Chances are you may find it online less expensive than you can find it in the stores.

So while it takes the most time, getting the best bargains means browsing online and in stores.  However, eventually you will find a few go to brands that you love to run in and to wear.

1 comment:

  1. Since I wrote this I found a site called 6pm. They carry all sorts of stuff but they had lots of good running gear for up to 75% off. I placed a very small order to try them out and will report on it later. However, at first glance, they seem great!
    http://www.6pm.com/

    ReplyDelete