Monday, February 28, 2011

Conference

Well I've spent the last few days at an organizer conference in Florida.  While its MUCH warmer and sunnier here than it was in New England I haven't been able to take complete advantage of it.  I've been fighting a chest cold for some time now.

However, I did find a running trail directly behind my hotel room.  I've realized that running is one of my favorite ways to explore a new place.  I'm focused on my surroundings, what's under my feet, what's in front of me.  So often when we sightsee, we are simply looking for the next destination, the next stop along the tour.  Running gives you the whole picture.

This morning I got to notice the trees and how different they are than what we have in New England.  I got to see the ocean and hear the sound of the waves.  I felt the warm, muggy air on my face instead of the harsh, cold, New England, air.

I have yet to take advantage of the pool as I've gotten back to the hotel room late every night and I've had work to do, but while I love running and I love my routes at home, a change of scenery can really do wonders for your perspective and your routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment