Saturday, February 12, 2011

On Thin Ice


Well as most of you have experienced first hand or have seen on the news, we have had one rough winter here in the Northeast.  Its been very tough to get outside to work out and even tough to make it to and from the car at the grocery store.  We have had a coating of ice and snow on the ground for over a month now.  That being said, we all just have to cope with it in our own way, but safely.
That’s where Stabilicers come in.  Stabilicers are put on the bottom of your current outdoor shoes.  You can wear them with anything, sneakers, boots etc.  They won’t work with dress shoes or sandals.
Unlike other devices I’ve used on the bottoms of my shoes, these are actually easy to get on. I didn’t pinch a finger or crack a knuckle.  I put them on the bottom of my running shoes.  My favorite thing was that it didn’t feel like I had something on my shoes.  Again, I’ve used other devices to gain traction and while you are walking on them, it feels like you have stones under your feet.  These are comfy and smooth.
I ran on a few inches of snow in these.  It was very slick out and I didn’t slip once, uphill or downhill.  When I was done, I slipped them right off with no troubles.  However, they do stay on while you’re running or walking.  There was no movement of the Stabilicer on my shoe at all.
Some of the best things about these that have nothing to do with their performance.  The first is that this particular model, Sabilicers Lite comes in a few colors, including pink.  A little tropical color goes a long way in New England in the winter.  Secondly, they made here in the US by a Maine based company.  After all, who knows snow better than Mainers?

They do have lots of other options available and on some you can even replace the cleats when they wear out.  For running, walking or just getting to and from, I love these.  I would happily throw these on over my shoes to make it into a meeting confidently.   They aren’t pricey either.  The Stabilicers retail for about $23.00 on their website.  You can find them at lots of retail locations as well.  Check out their site for full details.
http://www.32north.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment