Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Really NEAT Experience

I was recently asked to take part in something really exciting.  I was asked
to be a part of an infomercial for Neat Co.  For those of you who don't
know, Neat Co. makes scanners that are coupled with software that assist you
in creating organizational systems for all of your paperwork needs.

I will admit was a little trepidations about what to except at this shoot.
I've never done anything on camera before in my life.

The whole process started with a chat with the director...this is where the
surreal parts started.

I went out to California for the shoot and stayed at an amazing hotel. I
took my daily runs on the Stanford campus and walked to Starbucks daily.  I
did a little shopping and a lot of exploring.  The weather was beautiful
compared to back home in the North East. I loved every minute of it and I
hadn't even started yet.

On the day of the shoot I was whisked into hair and makeup.  The most
amazing artist did my hair and makeup.  She worked for about an hour and I
didn't look the least bit unnatural.  If I do say so myself, I looked like
an amazing version of myself.

Wardrobe was next.  The wardrobe person was also awesome and knew exactly
what was flattering.

The shoot itself was amazingly fun.  There were all sorts of moving parts,
the lighting guys, the camera man, the sound guys, set people, the makeup
artist watching to make sure things looked good on camera, the company
watched from afar and the director was right there with me the whole time.
I had so much fun chatting about the products and discussing exactly why I
love it both personally and professionally.

It all went by so fast, I'm sad its over.  I really was amazed at the
professionalism of everyone, the ease of the process and how much fun it
was.  

It really opened my eyes to a whole new world of experiences and
opportunities.  I don't have the date when the commercial will run, but I
will be sure to keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment