Thursday, April 28, 2011

Graduation

Well its almost that time of year...graduation time.  Every year I would get nostalgic at this time and think back at how much I loved college.  This year, things are a bit different for me.  I will be graduating with my MBA.

While I will openly admit I'm not graduating from my first choice school, I still happy and proud to have achieved this while running my company, radio show, etc.

I was looking back today at all of my books and thinking about what I've learned.  While I have gained a ton of valuable company and business information, I think the real lessons have been life lessons.

I have learned that I can do more than I ever thought possible.  When my days were so full I couldn't sleep at night, I found the strength and energy to dig deep and get done what I needed to do each and every day.

I had to learn to work in groups again.  Since I've been self employed for over five years, I have not had to work closely with others very often.  Group work was foreign to me and learning to work effectively was a challenge.

I most of all learned that anything worth doing is a challenge.  School, like life, is hard.  But anything that challenges you, helps you to grow as a person and makes you a better version of yourself.

So while I'm happy that I've learned how to develop a new product and how to write an ecommerce business plan, I'm even more thrilled that I know what I'm really capable of.

I'm going to give myself some time after I graduate to enjoy the free time and not having to worry about class work at the end of a long business work day.  I'm going to read a fiction book which is something I used to love to do and have missed dearly.  I'm going to take some longer runs and work on my training schedule.  I'm also going to be able to sleep in from time to time...(maybe all the way to 7:30 in the morning!)

Once I've given myself this break, I'm diving head first into another big, life changing project. I'm diving in with the knowledge that I'm capable, strong and determined and can do anything I set my mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment