Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Thank You to My Husband

You know everyone thinks they have the world's best husband, but I really believe I have him.

In the past 16 months my husband has helped me run my company and make it through grad school.  He put up with crazy hours, proof reading boring papers, no food in the fridge, and some bouts of crankiness.
(This picture was taken last year in Savannah)

Most husbands would tell their wives they were crazy if they said they wanted to go back to school after have been out for so long.  Most husbands would tell their wives to keep the status quo.  But not mine.  He told me to go for it and work towards my dream of earning my MBA.

So the past 18 months have been a little more chaotic than our "normal" lives.  We've given up date night, quiet meals together, and weekends in order to fit it all in.  We haven't seen friends that frequently.  We've cut corners and given up sleep.  And through all of it, Matt hasn't complained.  I couldn't have asked for more.

He's the guy who will pick me up a latte just the way I like it on his way home.  He attends every race I run.  He is there for me, no matter how hungry I am, to make every day better.  And for that I can never express my thanks enough.

This May, we are celebrating our anniversary.  Not our wedding anniversary but our dating anniversary. (The one you celebrate until you actually get married.)  We've been together 13 years.  In that time, so much has changed, but the love and friendship me share has only gotten better.  Thank you Matt, I couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment