Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bill Cosby Approves This Message

I used to LOVE Jello Pudding Pops when I was a kid.  It was one of the sweets that I was allowed to have and in the summer months, we ALWAYS had them in the house.

I'm not sure what happened first, I grew up and eating Pudding Pops was no longer cool, or they disappeared off the shelves.  However, on more than one occasion, my friends and I have lamented the loss of Pudding Pops and the iconic Bill Cosby commercials that went with them.



Pudding Pops are rumored to be sold in some areas of the country and in some stores.  However, I have never seen them.  And so I've taken it upon myself to make a replacement.

I simple made some instant pudding...the type in the box.  Its made with the mix and two cups milk, I used skim.  Once I mixed it up I poured it into frozen pop molds and let it freeze.  Despite a little trouble getting it out of the molds, its darned close to what we remember.  I may try again with 2% or whole milk and see if I can make them even tastier.

However, this is a winner in my house hold and its a low calorie, cold summer treat that can be enjoyed quickly and made easily.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment