Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chihuly

My family and recently visited the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.  It was a lot of fun and really breath taking.  I've seen Chihuly pieces here and there but never set up before all together.  They were amazing.

The individual pieces were really beautiful.  However, when placed in a "piece" together such as the "boat piece", they were spectacular.




It really reminded me to take a few moments and enjoy the beauty of things.  Sometimes I go through museums without reading the descriptions.  Taking the time to read them and understand what I was looking at made the exhibit even more fascinating.

Even my little cousin, who is a 13 year old boy got "into it".  It really was a great way to spend a Saturday and a great way to see some beautiful, hand crafted works of art up close!

No comments:

Post a Comment