Sunday, November 20, 2011

Halloween Race Review

As you may have heard Connecticut was hit with a BIG storm and we were without power for over a week.  I had no cable and internet and some people were blocked into their homes by downed trees.  All of this meant that the Halloween race that I was supposed to run on the 30th of October was bumped back to the 6th of November.

The race weather couldn't have been more beautiful!  It was about 40 outside and bright and sunny!

I wore the costume that I've talked about earlier and while I thought that I may be cold I was pleasantly surprised and wasn't cold at all.

I wasn't expecting a lot from myself at this race as I hadn't been able to run much lately due to the weather.

As I started out my lungs were tight but before I knew it I was at the two mile mark at a time faster that I'd hoped.  I had just stopped for water, something I look back and wonder if I needed to do...but I was able to push out the last mile at the same pace and came out with a PR.

I also want to mention that my whole family ran the race with me.  My uncle has been running with me off and on for about a year now and he had a great race.  My aunt and cousin ran/walked it and completed their first 5k ever!  I'm so proud of everyone!

This was the fourth race in a series in Brookfield, CT this year.  Because I ran all of the races, I got a cool metal water bottle!  I am now going to sit down and plan out my races for the next year, just as I did last year at this time.  I am also going to redo my training program....but that may take me some more time.

Here are a few pictures from the race!



No comments:

Post a Comment