Friday, December 2, 2011

Chi Walk/Run Program Review

I have previously review the Chi Running program.  Since then, Chi Walk/Run was released.  I was sent a copy to review.
I am a runner.  Its taken me a while to say that with confidence, but that's another blog entry entirely.  I have read, watched and used the Chi Running program extensively.  However, I didn't know what to expect from this DVD.
I watched it as if I were just starting a run/walk program and I honestly didn't anticipate learning anything new for my own practice.   I was so wrong!

The DVD starts out with the principles of Chi Walking and how to align the body.  While I had heard these before, seeing the demonstrations again and a different explanation helped solidify them in my mind.  There were various small demonstrations that I could participate in right in my own living room.  I found myself getting up out of my chair to try them.  I was shocked at to how good they felt and how they applied to running and walking.
The DVD progresses into running and while learning both is important, I think of the most important things addressed was how to transition.  Every runner walks from time to time and knowing how to safely and easily make the transition is a wonderful asset.  I will be using it in my upcoming workouts.

I loved how the video was very attainable and personable.  Even the newest runner/walker would feel comfortable trying this routine.  I hear from a lot of people that they are uncomfortable leaving their homes and working out and public at first.  While this workout program will require you to leave home eventually, you can practice in your living room for quite some time before heading out.

The DVD is set up in chapters so you can easily and quickly get back to the lesson you want to refresh or watch again.


The DVD also comes with a training book that spells out your daily and weekly workouts to work towards the goal of a 5k.  This takes the guess work out of what to do, when to do it and if you're doing the right thing.  I also prevents the common mistake of over training too quickly and getting injured.

Chi Walk-Run program gives you a strong foundation upon which to build a life long running career.  I think its a great gift for a fitness newbie or a veteran runner.  You can't go wrong.

If you want to purchase a copy of the program, click here:
http://store.chiliving.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment