Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fear

Okay I said it before but in case you missed it, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to run a 10k.  I was shooting for one in September up in Maine.  Well the opportunity just presented itself sooner than expected.  My uncle and I have been running races together the past few months and one of his friends told him about a race near our home town of Ridgefield.

The race takes place at a nature preserve and its not just a trail race.  Its one of THOSE races...the muddy kinds.  Its a 10k with three stream crossings (think water up to your neck) a rock face and lots of hilly trails.

Since I moved a few months ago I've been running more and more on roads than trails.  NOW, I need to get back to my trail roots.  And more comfortable in the trail shoes that I haven't even broken in yet.

I read that its a shorts and tee shirt race.  That way you aren't running around in sloppy, large, heavy wet clothing.  Oh and the duct tape on on shoes to hold them on is optional.

So the race entry is a lottery and I do need to see if we're drawn.  And yes, I'm quite excited.  However, I'm also scared to death at the same time.  There are a lot of what ifs here!

But I'm always ready to try something new, so here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment