Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January Frenzy

Every January the attention turns to getting back to normal, getting healthy and meeting those New Year's resolutions.  While my resolution not too long ago was to loose a major amount of weight, I haven't made any major resolutions since then.

However, that doesn't stop me from stopping to think about dieting and weight loss every January.  This January is no different.

I am still struggling to get more protein into my diet.  Since I really can't say I love meat, its a challenge for me at each and every meal.  Instead of fighting this battle, I've been embracing it and trying more and more vegetarian options.  I have also been paying close attention to how I feel after having vegetarian meals versus animal protein.  The long and the short of it is, I don't think I was designed to eat meat.  However, I'm not going to give it up entirely.

I've been having more veggie burger, meatless breakfast options and even TVP which stands for textured vegetable protein.

I am also focusing more on whole foods again.  While some low fat options taste great, they are just made up of processed foods.  My general rule of thumb is that the ewer ingredients, the better.  And if its a whole food like a banana or grapes, I can have as much as I want.

I'm reinstating my raw smoothies too.  Spinach, frozen strawberries, spirulina and a dash of oj.  They taste great and make me feel great.

I am also upping my coconut water "dosage" to 8 ounces every day. I'm starting my day with it instead of coffee.

So while I haven't made a lot of changes,  I'm tweaking and refocusing for 2012.  That's my diet resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment