Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Some days I can't seem to keep everything I have going on straight.  Some days, I can't focus.  I'm sure this happens to everyone, but I often feel that a good cleaning can help you regain your center.  I feel like sometimes like becomes cluttered and you just need to Etch A Sketch it and shake it all clear.

Today I went to a yoga class and the teacher said at the end of class to set an intention for the rest of the day to do what makes you happy and to change your routine.  So while cleaning doesn't necessarily thrill me, it was a day different from working at my computer all day...



And so I started small and vacuumed, washed the floor, cleaned up the kitchen and then I was on a roll.  i cleaned the bathrooms, the office, did eight loads of laundry, cleaned the car, aired out rugs, and got generally carried away.  However, at the end of the day the physical labor refreshed my mind and tomorrow I will be ready to work at the computer again all day.  Sometimes you just have to clear out the cobwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment