Sunday, August 12, 2012

Book Worm

When I was a kid I always had my nose in a book. I remember reading on the bus, reading before school, and just about every where in between.  I always wanted to get back to my book.  Many of those books because part of my being and I will always love them.

As I grew older I got busy, started my own company and worked on my MBA...all of which took me away from reading and then I fell out of habit of buying books and certainly reading them.

This summer I've made a concerted effort to start reading again and more importantly, start enjoying it. Its taken me a while, and there have been books that I've trudged through and haven't really fallen into. However, there have been ones that I've loved and have brought back my love of reading.

While I don't have a complete list of what I've read, I can tell you I've enjoyed the 50 Shades Series, The Hunger Games Series, Discovery of Witches, caught up on Sohpie Kinsella's books and fallen in love with Elin Hildebrand.  I've also read a few books to deepen my understanding of yoga and meditation.

I know that there will be times where I won't be able to read as much as I have recently and I know that I won't love every book I read.  However, I do know that its a simple and inexpensive pleasure that we often over look because we can't fit it in.  I am challenging myself to find time to read at least ten pages a day. I think that's do able!


No comments:

Post a Comment