Saturday, August 18, 2012

Q and A

I've been meaning to do a Q&A post for a while now.  I hope I can answer a few of your questions and if you have any more, keep them coming!

1.  Where are you from?
I'm originally from Rhode Island. I went to college in Maine and lived there for about 8 years.  We now live in CT.

2.  How long have you been married?
We will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this September.

3.  What do you do for a living?
I own and operate both The Joyful Organizer and Social Ocean Media.  The Joyful Organizer is a professional organization and lifestyle company.  I write article, help my clients organize their possessions and speak on the topic of organization.  Social Ocean Media helps small businesses with their social media and marketing plans and the implementation of them.

4.  Where did you get your dog?
We adopted Roxy from Glen Highland Farm, a border collie rescue in upstate New York.  They are the BEST organization to adopt a border collie and they are a wonderful group of people.  You can view their site here: http://glenhighlandfarm.com/



5.  Where did you go to school?
I got my undergrad degree from the University of Maine and my MBA from Nichols College.

6.  What's a CPO?
CPO stands for Certified Professional Organizer.  There is a test that organizers can take after they have a certain number of business  hours etc.  Its very difficult and there aren't a lot of organizers with the designation CPO.  Its kind of like the bar exam for organizers.

7. How often do you do yoga?
I try to practice yoga two to three times a week.  I have three classes I keep on my calendar and I make as many of them as possible. I also try to add in one restorative class every month or more.

8.  What are you currently reading?
I've read a lot this summer including the Hunger Games series, the 50 Shades series and Discovery of Witches.  I'm currently going through my back log of fiction books and I've fallen in love with author Elin Hildebrand.

9.  How do you decide what races to run?
I try to pick races that sound fun, aren't too large and are close to my home.  I also try to pick races that are spread apart enough for training and rest.  And, being able to wear a costume is always fun!

10.  What your favorite movie?
I can't say I have a favorite movie.  I like feel good movies that aren't too sappy.  I love Dowton Abbey, Weeds and Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment