Friday, September 14, 2012

New Leaf

Well I have a lot of goals this fall.....I know this isn't the normal time of year to make new goals and reassess things, but for me its a new beginning.  I had a rough summer and my training took a back seat.  I am learning a lot about myself and while I may have lost a little fitness this summer, I gained a lot of perspective and mental strength.

I know now that I need to take breaks in order to be more effective personally and professionally.  If I'm over tired and over worked, I'm not doing anyone any good, especially myself.

I've also learned not to sweat the small stuff and as the saying goes, its all small stuff.  The house will get picked up, the emails will get sent...all in due time.  I'm not saying I've become a slob and all of a sudden I'm not making to do lists, I'm just saying I'm learning to relax a little bit more.

So all of this had made me think about why and how I want to work on my fitness.  I do want to do some serious running this fall....its my favorite time of year and I love being out in the brisk air with the leaves falling.  I also love the decreased humidity and throwing on another layer over my tank top.  Oh and I love stopping for a pumpkin latte after my run :)

So this fall my goals are to enjoy my training.  Really have fun with it.  I'm not going to stress about times, or distances or compare notes with everyone I meet.  I am just going go out there for the LOVE of it.  I can choose to beat myself up over slower times, shorter runs, or feeling out of breath, but in reality, I do the bestI can every day and I'm only out there for me.

That being said, I'm running the Warrior Dash in a few weeks!  I'm really excited for my first obstacle race!  Oh and it has a MEDAL!  Silly I know, but I'm excited!
I'm also running a race near Halloween...which seems so far away but I know its close!  I need to decide if I'm recycling last year's outfit for getting a new one for this year...big choices :)

Anyway, I'm turning my back on being OCD about my running, yoga and training and truly turning over a new leaf this fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment