Monday, October 29, 2012

NON Race Report

Well I have been quiet lately everyone for good reason.  Last weekend I accidentally closed a finger in the front door.  While I didn't think it was bad or painful, my body did and I passed out.  The injuries from the fall were far worse than the door.

I suffered lots of swelling and bruises, cuts and a possible concussion.  I didn't think any of this was a big deal either but as days wore on I was foggy, hurt and just overall tired.

I had a race this past weekend...it was the fourth in a series.  If you complete all the races you get a special prize.  I completed all four last year and I had done all three thus far this year.



The Halloween race is my favorite race as there are costumes and candy involved!  And that adds a little more fun to the mix! I also had friends and family running.

I debated how I would feel on race day over and over.  I went out for a walk with Roxy a day and felt wiped out.  I rested and debated trying my hand at the race.  However, when it came down to it, I was still injured and there was rick of me getting more injured by running the race.

Once upon a time I would have run the race no matter what.  However, now I realized I have my whole life to run, why push it TODAY?  So my husband took me on an overnight trip to Maine and we had a great time.  And my uncle very sweetly gave me the prize for running all four races!

No comments:

Post a Comment