Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sunny Florida

I recently want on a professional conference of Certified Professional Organizers.  It was in Florida so it was a welcome break from the dropping fall New England temperatures.  Most people dread business trips, but I love them.  I am so grateful to see new places, get to meet new people and learn new things.  This trip was no exception.  I was with 11 other like minded ladies, all who are CPOs and run their own companies.  Its always so hard to tell people the challenges, joys and frustrations that come with being an organizers so being with people who completely understand is wonderful.




We work a lot and we work hard, long hours together, but the result is excellent.  The dynamic can’t be beat.  Leaving everyone reminds me of the importance of keeping in touch and finding some of that balance and fun with my colleagues, no matter how far away, throughout the rest of the year.

On a workout note,
I only got one run in during my trip.  However, being out in shorts and a tank versus capris and a long sleeve top felt great!  It was HOT though, almost 90 degrees.  I don't even run in that temperature at home.  It was about 7 am when I ran.  I found a great bike trail near my hotel.  I will say that the high tension wires that ran along it made the route a little less scenic, but it was flat!  Also, it was odd to me to see the houses decorated for Halloween.  I know its October in Florida too but it seems as if the picturesque fall things only happen in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment