Friday, November 16, 2012

What I've Learned

Well the holidays are just around the corner!  Its amazing to think of what 2012 has brought.  Since the end of the year is fast approaching I wanted to stop and think about what I've accomplished and learned thus far this year.

I've learned that sometimes you can't plan things.  I had some big goals for 2012 and some days I was just focused on making it through the day.

I've learned that I run for the love of it.  While goals are great, running to me means an escape and is a treat to myself.  It does keep me in shape and healthy, but its a best mental workout I can find.  I love running and it will always be part of my life, but not my whole life.

I've learned to be thankful for the little things, like time with family and friends.

I know that I need to be more mindful and present.  Its hard to focus on what you're doing and who you're with in the age of technology, but its important and when you do focus, you have so much more fun.

I love wine.  A good glass of wine at the end of a day really helps me unwind and feels like a little party every day.



I now know that I can't do it all.  I can't be everywhere.  I need to pick and choose what I can do and if something goes undone until tomorrow, the sky won't fall.

What have you learned this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment