Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back To The Mat

Okay I've been whining a lot lately about being sick, etc and the reasons I have not been running or to yoga in a while.  I finally got back to my yoga studio yesterday.  I was nervous.  I was scared I wouldn't be able to do what I used to do.  I was scared I'd be out of breath, I'd be clumsy or I'd hate it now.  I shouldn't have been worried for a second.

I picked one of my favorite class days, times and teachers and headed in early so I could get set up.  I went in and I rolled out my mat.  I love the smell of my mat, the feel of the yoga studio beneath my feet and the warm heat that wraps you up when you walk in.

I was thrilled to see all the gals I take class with and the smiling and happy endorphins were a great way to start the class.



I'm not sure what I looked like, but I felt great during the class.  It was challenging and difficult, but it was fun and I know I got a good workout.  I felt warm and stretched out and amazing afterwards.

My yoga studio focuses on only doing what is right for you.  Only going as far as you can go and not struggling with your practice.  Like so much else in my life, I'm trying to learn when to hold tight and when to let go.

After just one class I remembered why I love it so much.  Its the only time I can stop my thoughts and just be.  I get a workout in and at the end, feel a warm glow.  I can't wait to get some great sessions in this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment