Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Protein Bars


I've been cooking a few new things lately and I want to share the results.  I should 1.  Take better notes while cooking and 2.  Photograph my process.  I'l do better in the future.  However, here are some of the yummy recipes I've loved....

1/3 cup agave
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar

Put these ingredients into a sauce pan and "melt" together. I started with the agave and the brown sugar, then added in the peanut butter.



In another bowl mix:
4 cups of "flake" cereal.  I used Special K Protein Flakes
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 scoop protein powder (I used unflavored)
1/3 cup ground flax or chia seeds (I used flax)

Pour the melted mixture into the cereal mixture.  Press into a 8x8 pan and pop it in the fridge.  Even hubby loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment