Sunday, July 14, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Sorry all that I've been so quiet lately.  I've had a LOT going on, all good :)

I've been working on some new projects and tackling them, slow and steady.  I've also self appointed myself Marketing Manager for Matt Dewkett Photography and I have some great ideas on things going forward.  Matt has become quite a talented photographer and we'd like to make this passion more a part of our lives and careers.

We've had a few clients who are moving. We will be sad to see them go to their new locations, but we are happy to be part of the process to get them moved onto a new location in their lives.  All the moving is quite physical and I've been so sore that working out has been hard.  However, I've been using the bike and taking Roxy out for slow runs.  We're also in a heat wave here, making it difficult to run with asthma.  I'm being cautious and smart about it.

All of these things in my life, once upon a time would have to be done right away and without fail.  However, my new mantra is slow and steady wins the race.  A little bit of progress each and every day is what matters and what will get me where I need to be.  With running, I'm in this for the long haul.  I'm running to be healthy and happy my whole life, not just meet a goal and quit.

I should have blogged more from Vinalhaven, but some foggy weather allowed me to get LOTS of work done and be creative.  I always find changing my location helps me change my mind a little too.  Here are some photos from our trip...


We had a GREAT time with family and enjoying the island air.  There are so few distractions that it is easy to get things done, focus and enjoy the stillness.

I did run a fair amount on VH, although I didn't track my mileage.  I had a great time running with Roxy on streets for the first time.  She did fairly well.  I enjoyed running to the beach with her, letting her swim and then running home.  It was adorable and we were both able to cool off a bit before making the trek back.  Oh and the view in inspiring :)

I hadn't been running on hills as much and the island is full of them.  I forgot how hard they can be and how much I love the challenge.  I picked one of the bigger hills on my route and just went up and down a bunch of times to practice form and breath control too.  Then, when I was back on flat this week, I felt like the wind.

More, coming soon on some of the other adventures we have coming up!



No comments:

Post a Comment