Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thankful

I know this is a tad late, but I wanted to do a blog post about the things I am thankful for in my life.
This is a list that won't be as complete as I'd like it and I could go on and on about some of these things.  However, I will keep it short and sweet for you.

1.  My career.  I love being self employed.  I all admit there are days where it is lonely, frustrating and downright maddening.  However, most days I love that I can be as ambitious as I want to be and I get to be creative, work with new people every day and travel.
Here is a picture from a recent business trip I took to Washington D. C.

2.  I'm so thankful for my husband.  He can make me laugh no matter what.  We get to work together which is sometimes amazing and sometimes challenging.  However, we are on a journey together and it's different every day. I love that we've been able to grow and change together over the years.




3.  I'm so very very thankful for my friends and family.  Without them, I would not be able to challenge myself, and be willing to explore.  I'm so thrilled that I have people supporting me and willing to listen when I have a bad day.  Social media has been a big part of this.

4.  Of course I'm thankful for Roxy.  She's my little furry angel and I love the way she follows me around, snuggled, runs with me and just makes like a little more joyful each and every day.

5.  I'm thankful for books.  I've always loved to read, but I've let it slip between the cracks for years.  Now I make time to read and have started enjoying series, characters and the excitement of a new book.  I LOVE the library, support it and use it frequently.  I believe in not having the clutter of books in my home and saving the Earth through less consumption.

6.  Running and yoga.  While these have taken a back seat this year due to illnesses, injuries and carter development, I still take joy in them each and every time I participate.  I love them and they bring me peace.  I know that I will be partaking in these activities for the rest of my life.

7.  I'm thankful for the state of Maine.  It's my home and I love to spend as much time there as possible.  I love camping at Sebago Lake and soaking in the sun on Vinalhaven.  I dream of these trips all year long.


No comments:

Post a Comment