Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year, New Resolutions

Well this post is a bit late but I wanted to share my resolutions with you.  The thing is, I really don't believe in them.  I try to do my best every single day and if one day doesn't work out so well, there is always tomorrow.

BUT there are things I want to focus on.  Here they are:

I want to make sure I take time for myself every day.  I sometimes end up working long hours and even forgetting to take a shower. Sometimes it seems like the few minutes it will take to brush/do my hair are too much.  I need to take the time to feel great.  (This does not mean I'm giving up my yoga pants to work in!)


I want to become more well rounded in my workout routine.  I often get into a "gear" and get stuck in it.  I'll end up running too much, taking in tons of yoga, etc.  This year, I want to be balanced.

I would like to make some fitness goals, but I know that health issues, work commitments and life in general get in the way, so we will see what the year brings.

Like everyone else on the planet, I'd like to be more mindful.  Moving more slowly, taking the five minutes to meditate, relaxing at the end of the day instead of stressing about tomorrow.  I know…not easy things…I'll let you know how it goes:)

I want to make sure I spend time with my friends.  I have been so lucky to make some great friends in 2013 and reconnect with old friends. I am so thrilled to have people to call upon when I need them.

The way I want to make 2014 better than 2013 is to have at least a little fun every day.  Every single day I can make a difference in my tomorrow, I can view today as amazing and I'm blessed to be in it.

Today is a good day to have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment