Thursday, February 6, 2014

Heathy Eating


I've eaten most of my dinners alone lately.  Matt is out taking photos and my six pm most nights I'm starving.  So I've been experimenting with easy to make,mostly vegetarian meals.  They almost all have an "easy" twist to them, meaning at least one part is bought pre made at the grocery store.

The meal I'm going to share below is made of just a few ingredients.  I put it all in a wok with a little EVOO and cook it until it's HOT.  I love my food steaming :)

The first thing I add is a bag of brown rice and quinoa by Seeds of Change.  They are easy to keep on hand and organic.  The rice simply needs to be heated up.


I then added a bag of Bird's Eye Steamfresh veggies.  I love the one with the water chestnuts in it!  I pop them in the microwave for a minute so they defrost a little, but you can also throw them right in.  I add in some shelled edamame, and some chia seeds and cook it all up.  I add some low sodium soy sauce and a touch or sriracha sauce and salt and pepper to taste.  As a treat, I love to add a few pistachios in at the last minute.  

In just a few minutes, you have a healthy meal with protein and veggies!  




No comments:

Post a Comment