Friday, March 14, 2014

Faux Food

This week I made two imposter meals: "mac" and cheese and Philly cheese "steaks".

The first was shockingly easy and a little too good.

Add a table spoon of flour and a dash of butter to a pan. Let it melt and start moving the flour around.  Then, add 1/4 cup milk.  Make sure it's creamy.  Then, add 1/4 cup cheese.  Melt it thoroughly and then pour it over cauliflower.  Yes, the vegetable.


I added panko bread crumbs to the top, and baked it for about 20 minutes at 350.  It was amazing.  And almost healthy.  Almost.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  I imagine you could use any type of cheese.  It's close enough to mac and cheese to satisfy that craving and you get a lot of veggies in this meal.

The second meal was a new favorite for my husband.  It's made in the crockpot….chicken phillies
First of all, melt a little butter in the crockpot (olive oil would work too)
I used four boneless frozen chicken breasts
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 table spoons worcestershire sauce
A few dashes italian dressing
I used a mini food processor to chop up a green pepper and an onion
Salt and pepper to taste

I stirred this and "pulled" the chicken a few times.  When it was done, it was so moist and flavorful!  Toast some rolls, add cheese and pile the chicken on. It's amazing.  And easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment